Thursday, October 11, 2018

Bend but don't break.

Bend but don't break .

By Stan Thomas.

Once upon a time when I was driving a tractor trailer rig , I was driving down a rual Highway.  There was a broken branch that stuck out into the roadway . The problem was the branch was not sticking out far enough to be noticed at a distant. It only stuck out slightly. My right view  mirror hit the branch and the mirror arm was bent to the point where I could not see out of the mirror. I thought I had broken the mirror. I pulled the rig to the side of the road as soon as I found a safe place to do so. When I got out of the truck I went to the passenger side and looked at the mirror. I was relieved. The mirror itself was not broken, and the arm was designed to bend in on contact. So I pulled the mirror back out to the proper position and got back in the cab and drove off. The mirror was designed to bend but not break. Had it not been designed that way it would have broken on contact. In life many challenges will come your way. You have to design yourself to be able to bend when hit with something bad  and absorbed the blow.  When you get a chance you can readjust yourself and go back on your journey. You have to be able to bend but never break under stress. A spring which is made out of metal is a perfect tool which is designed to bend under stress. The coils are spaced apart just right to allow it to stay cool while being pushed on regularly.  With all of the constant stress of being pushed on it never breaks. It just goes back to its former shape waiting to be nudged again. The spring bends but it never breaks.  End.

No comments:

Post a Comment